Skip to content

Crop Acreage Reports Due by September 30th!

usda logo

Crop Acreage Reports Due by September 30th!

Guidance Government Programs

To participate in many USDA programs, including disaster assistance programs like ELAP, you must file timely Crop Acreage reports each year to be eligible.

What is ELAP?

USDA Farm Service Agency’s Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honey Bees, and Farm-raised Fish (ELAP) provides financial relief to aquaculture producers for feed and crop losses caused by eligible natural disasters. ELAP does not require a fee for coverage, however, you must apply for and maintain eligibility.

ELAP Fact Sheet for Aquaculture             Locate Your Nearest USDA Service Center

ELAP Claims Process

To ensure you, as a farmer, are eligible for ELAP it is important to follow these key steps.

  • Meet with your local FSA office and submit initial ELAP paperwork.
  • File your farm Acreage Report by Sept 30 every year or you will NOT be eligible for claims the following year.
  • File any Notice of Loss within 30-days of mortality event caused by natural disasters.
  • Maintain good fish production and sales data. If a claim is denied, data can aide in Appeals and fair market valuation.
  • Identify experts that can speak knowledgeably about your systems, species mortality rates and pricing. Contact NAA for help!

Farm Service Agency has a thorough ELAP webinar available describing eligibility, annual acreage reporting, general application process and required livestock loss documentation.

Additional Info

Related Links :

Powered By GrowthZone
Scroll To Top